March 12, 2020
Dear Mishicot Community Member,
During the past hour, we were informed by the WIAA that given the current situation with COVID 19, an emergency meeting was held by the WIAA Board of Control. The Board unanimously approved adjustments to their policy to help limit the spread of COVID 19. The major adjustment is that each school will only be allowed to send 88 attendees, including players, coaches and four members from each of their families.
While understanding the rationale behind this decision, I am cognizant of the disappointment that this type of news brings. The game will be televised, and all sendoff activities at the school including the assembly in the varsity gym at 1:00 pm will continue as planned.
For those that purchased tickets, all tickets will be refunded. Please hold on to your ticket and information will be shared with you regarding the refund process. Given the lateness in the week, refunds will not occur until next week. There will still be a 2-hour late-start on Friday, March 13th as earlier notified.
Together we can support our girl’s team and their tremendous accomplishment of going to State, despite this situation. Go Indians!
Paul J. Orlich Ph.D.