Welcome to the O.H. Schultz Elementary Library
Ms. Tamara Schacht ~ District Library Media Specialist
Ms. Courtney Acuña ~ Library Assistant
Goals & Instruction
It is our goal to encourage reading both for learning and pleasure and to help equip students with the information literacy skills necessary to thrive in today's technology-oriented world. We hope to contribute to a lifelong love of literature and learning. To achieve these goals we encourage students to visit the library at least once a week to check out books and magazines. We hope to teach sharing and responsibility for proper use of school property.
In addition to responsible use of library materials, we teach skills in online catalog use, shelf arrangement, locating items, and independent use of the library.
Elementary Library Policies
The basic requirements of sharing our collection of books and magazines with students are:
- Students may check out one to three items, depending on grade level.
- Students must bring back old materials before taking additional items.
- Students are expected to return items within two weeks of checking out the items. However, no fines are charged for late return of materials.
- Students who forget to return items on time will be given a reminder. It is expected that the students will then turn the late items in the next day.
- If an item is damaged, it should be sent back to the library immediately to be mended.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair, students are expected to contribute the replacement cost of the item.
- Should a lost item (that has been paid for) later be found, the money will be refunded as soon as possible.
- Students may reserve, or place a hold on, items. They will be notified when it is their turn to check out the items.