High School Library
Ms. Tamara Schacht ~ Library Media Specialist
Ms. Sarah Schmidt ~ Library Assistant
Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Goals & Instruction:
Our goal is to provide educational experiences to students that enhance and enrich their experiences both in the classroom and in the real world. We attempt to foster in our students a lifelong love of reading, literature, and learning through working with teachers, students, parents, and community members in order to help create citizens who possess the information literacy skills necessary to survive in today's fast-paced, technology-oriented world.
Students are encouraged to visit the library media center on a daily or weekly basis to explore new materials, check out books & magazines, complete homework, and develop their information literacy skills further. Information literacy instruction is embedded into content area curriculum and is supplemented by supportive instruction and materials from the librarian and library media center.
High School Library Policies:
The basic requirements of sharing our collection of books/periodicals with students are:
- Students may check out up to three items.
- Students are expected to return books within two weeks of checking them out, magazines within one week.
- Students who forget to return items on time will be given a reminder. It is expected that the student will then return the late items the next day.
- If a item is damaged, it should be sent back to the library immediately to be mended.
- If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair, the student is expected to contribute to the replacement cost of the item.
- Should a lost item (that has been paid for) later be found, the money will be refunded as soon as a check can be issued (usually two weeks or less).
- Students may reserve, or place a hold on items. They will be notified when it is their turn to check out the items.