Mishicot High School History
In the year 1958, a new high school was built in Mishicot. On August 9 and 10 of that year, graduates of the old high school from 1918 through 1958 gathered from far and wide to join in the first reunion of all classes ever held in Mishicot. The new community high school was the scene of this highly successful get-together and many old acquaintances were made anew.
Through the combined efforts of the reunion committee and former graduates, a substantial sum of money was raised to provide the new high school with a lasting memorial of the graduates from years gone by.
It was the meeting of all the graduates following the reunion dinner at which the desire to establish an alumni association was voiced, followed with unanimous approval, the Mishicot Community High School Alumni Association was established.
With unanimous approval, the following slate of officers was accepted:
President: Ernest Guex, Jr., Class of 1937
- 1st Vice President: Lester Kornely, Class of 1932
- 2nd Vice President: Mrs. Clyde Rau, Class of 1927
- 3rd Vice President: Roger Shavlik, Class of 1958
Financial Secretary: Mrs. Richard Heyroth, Class of 1949
These officers were authorized to draw up a Constitution and Bylaws for the Alumni Association.
MCHS Alumni Membership
All graduates of Mishicot High School since 1918 are eligible to join this Alumni Association. The right to hold office and power of vote is reserved to members of the Alumni Association.
The dues for the Association shall be $3.00 at the time of enrollment and $3.00 per year thereafter. Life membership shall be $50.00. At any time a member shall accumulate dues paid into the Association the amount of the value of a life membership, he/she shall become a life member of the Association.
Perpetual Scholarship Fund
A contributor who shall contribute $5000 or securities or assets of equal value shall be honored by having one scholarship presented in his or her name.